Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Just a Dream

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kalyope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2006
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last night I dreamt of you again--
    woke up short of breath and guilt
    as I laid in bed beside him
    and remembered how real it had felt.

    I held you like I once did
    and we laughed at private jokes.
    We both knew feelings lay hidden
    though neither of us spoke.

    My want for you was painful,
    but I did nothing to act on it.
    Just like in the real world
    my haert stayed locked and bonded.

    You left me all alone there
    without even glancing back.
    Though we haven't spoke in six years
    my heart denied the fact.

    The pain was just as real
    as it was all those years ago.
    A pain I thought I'd never feel.
    A pain I thought I'd grown numb to.

    How can one dream leave me so empty?
    How could it cause me so much pain?
    Is it because I'm feeling lonely
    or that I'll never see you again?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like this peice.

    It seemed to be to become more "real" even to the reader as we read through it...

    First you mention it was a dream, and we see you awake from the dream, but you do a good job of 'taking us there', and putting us into that dream as if we're watching it happen.. as if it's 'real' just like it felt to you...

    Then at the end we're zipped back to the outside, just having been 'woken up' from the dream.


    The last bit:
    How can one dream leave me so empty?
    How could it cause me so much pain?
    Is it because I'm feeling lonely
    or that I'll never see you again?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Makes me wonder if the person is dead... or just gone...

    Overall a unique peice with quite a few different facets to it that I haven't seen in some of your other more straightforward writings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •